US Department of Art & Culture: is a people-powered department—a grassroots action network inciting creativity and social imagination to shape a culture of empathy, equity, and belonging.
- Citizen Artist Pledge:
CITIZEN ARTIST PLEDGE:I DO HEREBY JOIN WITH THE USDAC IN ASSERTING THAT:
- Access to culture is fundamental human right;
- Culture is created by all and thus should represent all;
- Cultural diversity is a social good and the wellspring of free expression;
- A deep investment in creativity is critical to cultivating empathy and social imagination;
- Art and artists are powerful forces for accomplishing social change and strengthening social fabric.
AS A FOUNDING CITIZEN ARTIST, I PLEDGE TO ALL OTHERS AFFIRMING THESE VALUES MY CREATIVITY, INTEGRITY, AND COMMITMENT TO CULTIVATE THE PUBLIC INTEREST IN ART AND CULTURE AND CATALYZE ART AND CULTURE IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST.
- Standing for Cultural Democracy: The USDAC's Policy & Action Platform
[Resource site & weekly calendar]
Plug In PDX: a guide for folks wishing to: 1. fight against bigotry of the alt right, fascists and that buried in each and everyone of us. 2. to win new found liberation.
First 100 Days: ORGANIZE. - This SATURDAY, January 28th. A day of workshops to connect artists and art students to existing activist platforms and galvanize creative resistance.
Re:Imagining Change (book) provides resources, theory, hands-on tools, and case studies on narrative-based strategies for change and amplifying progressive causes in popular culture.
Available here: https://www.trainingforchange.org/publications/reimagining-change